We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information and data that we access and collect.
To that end, Sharp Instincts Pty Ltd has adopted this Data Protection Policy to ensure that all team members adopt a uniform, systematic approach to the conduct of our business and our compliance with our legal obligations in relation to data and confidential information we access and collect from time to time.
- For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information and data (in whatever format) that we collect, receive, access, store and handle in the course of us providing our services and which relates to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate any individual to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to, their name, address, phone number, fax number, email address and credit card information. It may also include login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to help us provide our services.
- As our client, you acknowledge that we may collect Personal Information from you to enable us to communicate with you, and that we may use platforms provided by our third party service providers to facilitate our communications with you. You authorise us to provide your information to our third party service providers for the purposes of communicating with you. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your information for any reason other than to assist us to communicate with you or to assist us to provide our services to you.
- We will at all times collect, receive, access, store and handle Personal Information in such a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations in Australia, including but not limited to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (to the extent the Australian Privacy Principals apply to Sharp Instincts Pty Ltd).
- All personnel engaged or employed by Sharp Instincts Pty Ltd and who may be working with Personal Information we collect, receive, access, store and handle in course of providing our services must comply with this Policy and all relevant laws and regulations.
- We will ensure at all times that:
- Personal Information we collect is kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used by us; and
- any such Personal Information is disposed of securely and in accordance with any requirements for the retention and disposal of that information as required by law (if applicable); and
- any such Personal Information is protected, by taking such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances, against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against all other misuse; and
- in the event that we engage third party vendors to provide services in connection with the provision of our services, including, but not limited to, for the purposes of data storage and data transfer, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such third parties comply with all applicable laws and regulations in relation to their access, collection and use of the Personal Information.
Current at 25 January 2022